LAMONT'S FITNESS STUDIO
Whatever you eat is either protein, carbs, fat, vitamins, and minerals
- help builds muscles
- eat nuts, seeds, beans, lentil, veggies. I favor a whole food vegan plant base lifestyle!
- another word for sugar
- your energy supply
- 90% of your carbs should be fruit and veggies (they are loaded with vitamins & minerals, and are low calories)
- unsaturated, monounsaturated, polyunsaturated fats are healthy- they lower your cholesterol and reduce your risk of heart disease
- (examples: nuts, almond butter, chia seeds, flax-seed, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seed, avocados)
- fat is your energy supply
- stay away from trans fats- they raise your cholesterol and increase your risk for heart disease
Vitamins and Minerals
- you can obtain all your needed protein, fat, vitamins and minerals from veggies, fruit, nuts, seeds, beans, lentil, herbs and spices.
- vitamins and minerals are essential nutrients. They help shore up bones, heal wounds, and strengthen your immune system. They also convert food into energy, and repair cellular damage.
Drink plenty of water, get proper sleep, eat lots of fruit, veggies, nuts, seeds, beans, lentils & exercise.
- drink half your body weight in water
- eat mostly foods with one ingredients
Water makes up a large percentage of our bodies, therefore we must be sure to replenish our body of pure fluids. Not drinking enough water, leads to constipation, hunger, headaches, fatigue and dehydration. Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day.
A good night’s rest is essential to our health. When we sleep, our body recharges and builds up our immune system as well as fights depression and anxiety. We should strive for at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night to feel energized and alert throughout our day. Getting enough sleep can also keep your body from storing fat.
Healthy eating is an important component of good health. You ARE what you EAT. If you fill your body with junk, processed foods, fast food and ‘fake foods’ such as high fructose corn syrup, enrich flour, hydrogenated, saturated/trans fats, and chemical-laden ‘diet’ sweeteners— you will feel and look awful. But, if you feed your body with the proper fuel and nutrition, from plsnts, such as veggies, fruit, beans, lentils, nuts, seeds, herbs, and spices, you will feel amazing and energized, and obtain and maintain a healthy weight.
Try to get 30-40 minutes of exercise 3-5 days a week. I’m not just talking about the gym. Engage in activities that you enjoy such as walking, jogging, playing tennis, volleyball, softball, swimming, biking, skating, bootcamp, yoga, Pilate, etc. Just keep the body moving and active.
Avoid processed foods as much as you can, and satisfy your sweet tooth with fruit. Strive for foods with one or a few ingredients. The more ingredients a food has, the more processed it is.